Storage units are about storing things safely until they are required again. Clothes, furniture, household appliances, business inventory, seasonal equipment like lawn mowers, snow mowers, barbeque, cycles, beach ware; everything and anything can go into self storage Houston.
But on the flip side, what’s out of sight is out of mind. Eventually we end up storing belongings up to the brim. There are chances that we rent out more space to keep additional belongings. And for sure, we need to pay additional charges for the added space. But by following these simple tips you can effectively downsize your storage units Houston. This will not only make you more organized but save you money too. Here are simple ways of doing so:
- Regular Monitoring: Check what you are storing. Evaluate your stuff periodically and discard and donate things that are no longer required. Recycling is the best way to make optimum use of your belongings and self storage Houston. Swap them at regular intervals. This will give you a fair idea of things that should be stored or discarded.
- Pack them Right: The best way to downsize space at moving storage Houston is to pack and store the belongings deftly. Items should be packed flat and vertically. Boxes that are securely packed can be stored one on top of another. This can help save space.
- Place them Right: Right placing not only safeguards the items from damage and breakage but also helps save space. Keep bigger and heavier boxes at the bottom and lighter ones on top. Dismantle and store furniture so that it occupies minimum space.
- Use Coding System: when packing and labeling boxes, use a proper coding system. This will help you track and locate item easily without disturbing other boxes. Thus, reducing the chances of damaging products during search operations.
- Prepare a List: In the end, pen down what all you store or take out of the storage unit. This will give you a clear insight of your belongings.
Self storage units are the best way to store your extra belongings. But keeping yourself organized is equally important to save storage cost. We provide the best storage facilities in Houston and offer services and features that are simply unmatched. Our rates are affordable and flexible. Get in touch for customized deals.
Your living room is cramped for space? Need a few vacant spaces but don’t know the exact way to create them? Rearranging and keeping away your furniture pieces can be an effective way. But you don’t want to lose your valuable furniture pieces too? Here’s help! Storing furniture pieces in a storing unit Houston is the best way to keep your furniture pieces safe. In fact, by following simple furniture storage tips before you place your furniture in a moving storage Houston you can keep them as vibrant as new even after years. And when required again, you can move them back to use.
Effective Furniture Storage Tips:
- Dismantling is the key: The best way to keep away furniture for a fairly long time is to dismantle it. Clearly distinguish between various parts and separate the unbreakable and hard parts from the fragile and soft. Now, given their properties wrap and store each part separately. Seek professional help to dismantle furniture pieces.
- Pick the right packing supply: Packing is important to keep the furniture pieces safe from dust and dirt. Before you get down to packing, it’s important you collect your packing supplies. But beware; although plastic wraps appear to be the perfect packing material it is not the best for packing natural materials like wood and leather. Plastic does not allow air to pass through them. This leads to development of cracks and chips in the wooden pieces. Use paper wrap or cotton covers for natural materials and plastic wrap upholstery.
- Pack deftly: Pack each item separately and carefully. Choose the covers wisely. They should neither be too big to allow dust and dirt to enter nor too small to hinder a smooth flow of air. Tape them and tie them neatly.
- Careful handling: Once packed, each item has to be moved, loaded and unloaded carefully. Make sure that the packing can withstand the jerks and jolts. Besides packing, it’s important to use customized removal gear for effective loading and unloading. Use of ramps, rails, and trolleys ensure that each item is moved safely.
Storage facilities Houston provide the perfect services for storing your valuable furniture pieces. In addition to storing furniture, the facility can be used for storing other things too. Get in touch with us and we will assist you in organizing and storing your furniture pieces in the most effective way.
Homes are invariably full of stuff. We purchase for current needs, stock them up in anticipation and even keep the leftovers for the opportune hour. Well, up till a certain extent everything can be managed and organized. But once the belongings exceed the space limits they tend to clutter the entire house. Surprisingly, this still does not withhold us from buying and possessing more things. Fortunately, renting a storage facility Houston holds answers to all such troubles.
Renting a storage unit Houston will help you clear the clutter. Storing things in a self storage unit Houston not only creates extra space, but also keeps the belongings safe and well protected. Thus, whenever required one can bring them back to use.
Kitchen, living room and closets are the most cluttered places of the home. Here a few effective tips to declutter/restructure your home:
- Watch Your Kitchen: The kitchen typically stocks much more than what it can hold. Utensils, jars, appliances and a whole lot more things. Closely inspect each item of the kitchen. Do away with the things that are no longer required. For season specific appliances like barbeque and outdoor cutlery rent a self storage unit Houston.
- Funk Up Your Living Room: The couches, artifacts, lights, furnishings and furniture… a typical living room accommodates this and much more. And understandably with changing trends and needs we keep acquiring much more. Renting a storage facility Houston provides us ample space to store not-in-trend items and swap them again when they are back in trend.
- Clear the Closet: From ill-fitted garments to seasonal wear, we stock too many things in the closet. Closely assess each item and do away with the ones you are least likely to wear. For seasonal wear, rent a mini storage Houston and keep them safe till you find the appropriate season to wear it. Leather jacket, high heels or that memorable wedding attire; storage unit Houston is the best place to store them.
We understand the nuances of the business. We also pay close attention to client needs and offer services that meet their requirements closely. Well equipped, fully secured, conveniently located and most competitively priced; our storage units Houston provide all.
Everybody has come to the point of simply owning too many things. The living room, the cupboards, garage and outdoor shed, every place is full till the brim. So, where exactly do you store your things? Fortunately, the trend of storing things in self storage facilities in Houston is fact catching trend. These storage units in Houston help you store a lot of different things; from excess furniture to furnishings of homes and cars. These storage units also prove helpful when downsizing to smaller homes. While a self-storage unit at a storing facility in vicinity comes in quite handy. But there are crucial points to understand what a mini storage unit is meant for and how to gain maximum benefits from it.
Convenient Layout for your Self Storage Unit:
- Plan: Categorize your items and mark boxes accordingly. Use a labeling scheme for easy management.
- Treasure Hunt Technique: Prepare a map to put boxes according to categories. Number the locations and stack accordingly.
- Boxes: Moving is expensive. However, do not scrimp and save on good packing materials. Good quality supplies come at a value but they promise outclass protection to goods. Do not under fill or over fill boxes.
- Stacking: Use even sized boxes as they are easier to stack. Put your boxes along the wall leaving a small space in between. Put bulkier items at the bottom.
- Leave Pathways: Place boxes in rows with enough aisle space so that there is sufficient walking space.
- Maximize: Utilize the height of the self storage units and store items one atop another. You can also hang belongings on the walls. Leave uniform pathways so that the rows can be easily negotiated.
- Prioritize: Put the items that you will be accessing often in the front of the unit to get in and out quickly.
- Check Facilities: Check if the units are climate controlled. This will protect goods from temperature variations and related damage.
- Security: Most of the storage units have strict security regulations. Also, cameras, sirens and safety alarms are installed for utmost safety.
At Heights Mini Storage, we provide affordable storage spaces. Apart from offering a variety of sizes, facilities and services, we offer latest innovations at the most reasonable rates. Multilevel facilities, drive-up facility, 24/7 security and convenient location; we offer everything. Call us on 832-582-6454 to know more about our deals and services.
Obsessed with buying new stuff? Cabinets stacked with goods, still hunting for more? Planning to store excess inventory, but invariably fall short of space?
Self-storage units are the perfect solution to your storage worries. Storage facilities in Houston are becoming a reliable and easily accessible way of storing goods.
Like households, businesses too must store their goods and materials safely. Be it warehouses, factories, shops, food, or construction businesses, every business faces dangers due to improper storage. Thus, storage facilities Houston provide the best of storage facilities as per your requirements.
- They assist you with all your needs and demands. They serve all kinds of customers – a residential clients, business operators, vacation goers, students, etc. These storage units are specially developed fulfilling all your prerequisites.
- These are temperature controlled mini storage units to provide protection against extreme heat and chill to all your stuff.
- Storage units are constantly under camera surveillance to ensure top-notch safety to goods. The rooms are equipped with door alarms with 24/7 security personnel.
- They offer storage for household belongings, furniture items, paper work and important documents, etc. with special storage units which can be customized easily.
- Not only do they store, they also offer services to assist moving of goods. Their haul trucks make your move an easy one
- You can reserve a unit well in advance to get the best price quote.
- Offer services for packing belongings deftly. The storage units in Houston are equipped with the huge range of packing supplies to carry out the task with competence.
- Self storage units are available in different sizes to meet distinct needs.
- Friendly and polite staff to interact and understand your needs and requirements and provide customized services.
- Storage units have drive up access for easy loading and unloading of goods.
At Heights Mini Storage, we have specially designed and developed storage units to cater to all your self-storage needs. Ranging from mini storage cabinets to storage rooms for your stuff, we offer everything. A convenient self storage facility at affordable rates is what we strive for. Call us now on 832-582-6454 to know more about the facilities, features and services.
With kids around home owners are bound to feel the paucity of space. Toys, books, artwork, etc there is an endless list of things that these tiny creatures possess. While some things get redundant with time, others have a sentimental value. There may be still others that you’ll like to keep back for a future child. And without doubt a self storage unit is the best place to keep such items till the time they are required again.
Here are a few noted benefits of renting a self storage unit to store your kid’s playroom stuff:
- As a family you can create extra space in your house simply by removing a few toys and books that your kid has outgrown.
- Kids tend to get bored by same toys and stuff. By keeping them aside for a few months and rotating and swapping them every few months can add to the ‘newness’ without having you to buy new things every time.
- Self storage units give you ample space and opportunity to preserve belongings that hold a nostalgic and sentimental value.
- While stacking the things in the attic and garage is always an option, these might not be the ideal place to keep the belongings. Extreme weather conditions may damage the things, so it is prudent to keep them away in a self storage unit and use them at the opportune hour.
How to store toys in a self storage unit?
Once you decide to rent out a self storage facility Houston to store toys and kid’s stuff, here are a few tips to follow:
- Categorize and organize your belongings.
- Use transparent plastic boxes to keep the toys
- Label the boxes clearly.
- Keep the favorite items in the front and ensure that they are easily accessible.
- Opt for climate controlled units for storing electronic items.
- Remove batteries and cells as they may corrode and damage the toy permanently.
At Heights Mini Storage, we understand your requirements to the full. Our customized deals and affordable rates make our storage facilities in Houston the best and the most reliable ones. Call 832-582-6454 to know more about the facilities, features and services.
Self storage units come in extremely handy when one needs to create some extra space to store household belongings. Although price and proximity are primarily considered when renting storage facilities in Houston, there’s more when it comes to choosing the right and the best self storage units.
Additional factors that should be kept in mind are:
- Security: Safety of goods is of paramount importance when it comes to renting a self storage facility. Thus, security and safety features of the self-storage unit should be closely reviewed beforehand. Lighting, door alarms, locking devices, surveillance cameras, 24/7 security personnel and boundary wall fencing; every security feature is advantageous in its own way.
- Hygiene and Cleanliness: Neat, well kept and fully organized units add to the safety and wellness of the belongings stored therein. Therefore, the self-storage unit should pay close attention to maintaining its hygiene and cleanliness.
- Easy and Round the Clock Access: The self-storage unit must allow easy and round the clock access to self-storage units. After all convenience to load and unload belongings at the times most convenient to you is the most sought after feature of any self-storage facility. Moreover, there should be representatives to assist you during out-of-hour operations.
- Climate Control Units: Some commodities are vulnerable to damage when exposed to extremely hot or cold temperatures. It is therefore prudent to store such items in a climate controlled self-storage facility. Also, the property should have the in-built feature to drain storm water away from storage units, cutting the odds of damaging stored commodities.
- Insurance Liability: Self-storage unit should be equipped to provide comprehensive insurance cover for commodities at an additional price. This will provide an additional layer of protection and security to goods stored in the self-storage unit. In case of damage due to unforeseen events, the self-storage unit will compensate for the same.
- Well mannered staff: Besides the equipments, techniques and in-house features, the employees and staff of the self-storage unit also need to be assessed closely. After all, it’s the only interactive feature of the self-storage unit. The staff should be polite, empathetic and considerate. They should also be trained and well conversant with their job.
Well equipped and optimally manned self-Storage Units Houston are important for the safety and protection of goods. Therefore the decision to rent a self-storage unit should be closely assessed and reviewed. At Heights Mini Storage, we provide the best self-storage facilities in Houston that too at affordable rates. Call 832-582-6454 to know more about the facilities and features.
Keeping your belongings in a self-storage unit is a great way to organize existing space. The mini storage units in Houston also prove helpful when you need that extra space to store your stuff during renovation, relocation or simply to meet your business needs.
But whatever be the reason for needing some extra storage space, the main idea behind renting self-storage unit is to be able to use and utilize the stored stuff at the opportune hour. Imagine finding your stuff damaged and spoiled when you feel the need to use it!
To be honest some items need to be stored with precautions and preventions. This is where climate controlled self-storage units prove helpful. Here is a list of items that should ideally be stored in a self-storage unit that is climate controlled:
- Metal Antiques : Things made from metal lose shape and shine when exposed to extreme weather variations. Thus, to keep metal appliances and artifacts in their original form opt for climate controlled self-storage units.
- Furniture : Expensive furniture pieces are invariably delicate, therefore, difficult to store. Their material, upholstery, etc.; all are susceptible to damage due to temperature fluctuations. Thus, putting them in a climate controlled self-storage unit ensures that these pieces remain worthy for long.
- Mattresses and Bedding : Mattresses and bedding are best stored in conditions that are free from humidity. Climate controlled units thus keep mold, mildew and other infestations at bay. This helps the mattresses and bedding to smell and feel fresh and clean despite long storage.
- Photographs and Paper Documents : Temperature fluctuations are bound to damage paper. Photographs and paper documents lose color and fade, making them worthless. So it is recommended to keep such items in a self-storage unit that is equipped with climate control technology.
- Leather, Suede, Wood : Wooden, leather, suede and other items made from natural fibers damage, crack and break upon exposure to extreme temperature variations. So, to keep such pieces intact for longer periods consider storing them in a climate controlled self-storage unit.
Although climate controlled self-storage units come at a marginally higher price, but they ensure the safety and wellness of the belongings stored therein. Heights Mini Storage is an established name in self storage Houston. Conveniently located and equipped with the best facilities, the units are available at affordable rates. Call us at 832-582-6454 to know more about our facilities and services.
Nearly everyone acquires belongings over the years. From books, antiques, off-season clothes, garden equipment to the vast business commodities and equipment; we generally have more belongings than what we can place and store. And once the living spaces get loaded and flooded with belongings we tend to shift them to the attic to make space for more.
But having said this, some things should never be stored in an attic. Therefore, renting out a reliable and well equipped storage space is the best way to keep them worthy for long.
- Clothing and Dress Materials : Be it summer wear or cozy winter wear, the plant and animal based fibers should not be stored in the attic. Being dull and dreary these spots are ideal breading grounds for moths, insects and pests. Storing these delicate attires in the attic put them at high risk of being damaged by infestation. So, consider them storing them at a self-storage unit.
- Antiques and Furniture Items : Furniture pieces, antiques and décor items made from natural materials are prone to damage when kept in the attic space. Humid and damp conditions damage wood and upholstery which is invariably beyond repair.
- Food and Eatables : Eatables and food items should not be stored in attic and crawl. Pests and rodents which invariable dwell here nibble upon the stored food items and contaminate them. Therefore, food items and eatables should be properly packed and best stored in self-storage units.
- Paperwork : Important documents like birth and marriage certificate, passport, academic records, medical report and family photographs need to be stored safely. Papers are prone to discoloration and damage when exposed to damp air and extreme heat. Therefore, one should not store paperwork and files in attic and crawl. Instead, avail the advantages of a small self storage unit in Houston.
Availing the spaces of a self-storage unit therefore bestows numerous advantages. They don’t just offer convenient and comfortable spaces to keep the utilities but also ensure that they remain safe, secure and intact. Self-storage units in Houston offer customized spaces and are equipped with facilities and technologies that impart maximum safety to belongings. Heights Mini Storage is a trusted and reputed self storage centre in Houston. Conveniently located and fully equipped, we offer the best solutions to meet storage needs. Call at 832-582-6454 to know more about our self storage units Houston.
Dumping things you don’t require or stacking them perfectly for the opportune hour, one can use self storage facilities either ways. In fact, with growing population, rising real estate cost and increasing living costs, nearly everyone (business and home owners) is feeling the space crunch. This is where self-storage units are proving to a boon. Extra space at a minimal cost – it explains it all!
But how exactly can one make the best out of the space hired? Here are a few management tips to effectively and efficiently use the storage space.
- Choose The Best One: In addition to affordable pricing look for convenient location, services offered and security levels of the self storage unit. Missing out on any of the above will hold you back from enjoying the best.
- Pack Well: Unused and stored commodities are bound to attract dust. It is important that each item stored in a self storage unit is packed well. Depending upon the type of item stored, use bubble wrap, paper wrap, vacuum sealing; whatever works best.
- Label Well: Each box and carton should be cleared marked and labeled. The contents and handling instructions for each box should be clearly listed on the outer.
- Organize Well: Proper arrangement and organization is crucial for effective utilization of the space. When unloading and loading space cartons properly, leaving adequate aisle space for walking and handling.
- Check Humidity Levels: When exposed to extreme weather conditions many items are bound to get damaged. Renting climate-controlled units therefore is a prudent choice. Such units are designed to eliminate environmental moisture, thus, keeping belongings in a self-storage unit safe and well protected.
Implementation of these tips and tricks may appear tricky, but once in place they ensure the most effective and efficient use of self storage space. Heights Mini Storage is a trusted and reputed name in self-storage industry in Houston. Convenient location, best facilities and affordable rates, we offer the perfect self-storage facilities Houston. Call us at 832-582-6454 to know more about our facilities and services.