Self storage units are fast gaining attention and scores of operators are opting to take up the task as a career option. While the reputed and the established ones pay close attention to details and provide the services that are customized to their best, there are others that simply operate to earn profits. They compromise on services and facilities and make false promises to convince clients.
Closely assessed and evaluated facilities will definitely have its advantages and missing out on the required facilities can have its own demerits. Here are the pros and cons of renting storage units Houston:
Advantages of Self Storage Houston
- Security: Storage units take utmost care to provide foolproof security to the units. Security gadgets and 24/7 surveillance systems ensure round the clock safety to belongings.
- Extra space: By storing the belongings safely in the storage unit you can create extra space in your living room and offices.
- Flexibility: The facilities offered by the self storage unit are extremely flexible and can be customized as per client needs.
- Convenience: The convenience of loading and unloading belongings is of paramount importance. Also, the location of the unit plays a crucial role in adding to its convenience and comfort quotient.
- De-clutter and organize spaces: Renting a storage unit not just allows you to create extra space but also helps you de-clutter and organize your spaces. Organized spaces add to well being and positivity among the dwellers.
Disadvantages of Self-Storage Houston
- Additional cost: Although affordable, but there is an additional cost involved in hiring a self storage facility. So, it is prudent to conduct a cost-benefit analysis of the goods you want to store and rent a facility only if it is worth it.
- Time and effort involved: Depending upon how close is the facility; there is time and effort involved in operating and handling the belongings. So, ideally opt of the facility that is conveniently located and allows 24/7 access.
- Contract and legal hassles: While renting a self storage facility one needs to enter into a contract with the service provider. So, there might be contract and legal hassles involved. Opt for a service provider that is fully transparent in its operations and dealings and provides the most trusted services.
We are a trusted player in the industry and take every possible step to help provide comfortable and trustworthy services. Our fully equipped and well maintained facilities ensure the safest storage. Get in touch for customized services at affordable rates.
Spring is almost here and after a long, dull and dreary winter, it’s time to revamp and re-do your home. But spring cleaning can be actually tough. And the shortage of space makes the cleaning even more debilitating and disturbing. Interestingly, a little more space to organize and conduct your home will make the cleaning job easier and welcoming. Renting a storage unit Houston can offer serious help:
- Snow Removing Tools and Machines: While such equipment proves extremely helpful during the winter months, but they are an eye sore in spring and summers. They occupy huge space and are vulnerable to damage if exposed to extreme temperature variations. Renting a storage unit Houston will not only vacate spaces until they are required again but also remain safe until their need emerges again, next season.
- Christmas Supplies: Christmas supplies, decorations and gifts; you collected too many over Christmas and understandably you’ll not want to discard them. A storage facility Houston offers perfect space to keep such items safe and intact till the time they are required again.
- Off-Season Clothes: Winter gumboots, leather jackets, overcoats and a loads of winter supplies; we invariably collect too many things in the season. But with rise in temperatures, it’s important that such belongings are stored safely so that they can be used again the nest season. Opting for a climate control unit not just provides extra space to store belongings but also protects them from damage caused due to temperature variations.
- Furniture and Knick-Knacks: Renting storage facilities Houston is an effective way to store furniture and knick-knacks that you’ll want to keep aside for a while. The de-cluttering exercise will not only help you identify things that are no longer required but also allow you to organize your home in an effective way. Rotating items of house décor helps you revamp the look at no extra cost.
Self storage units in Houston are conveniently located and best equipped with the latest equipment and features. The extra spaces allow you to make the most of the items you own. So go ahead with the spring cleaning and store your belongings in the safest and best manner possible. Get in touch for customized and affordable self storage units in Houston.
Storage units can provide relief when you have belongings far more than what you can accommodate. Besides proving to be ideal space to store household belongings, a storage facility Houston can also serve a range of other clients. Listed below are ways in which a self storage Houston can be utilized:
- Business Needs: Storage units Houston can meet business needs comfortably. Whether you need to store stock of seasonal nature or want to place the bulk purchased commodities safely until back in use, Storage units Houston provide the best facilities to store them. Comfortable and convenient spaces also prove helpful for business operators who run home based business. A self storage Houston provide affordable space to store business inventory. As the rental values soar it is difficult to afford and sustain a huge office space at a prime location. Mixing prominent business address at a commercial hub and storing business inventory at affordable storage unit Houston can make commercial sense.
- Students: Want to preserve all the school and college memories? A mini self storage unit offers the perfect spaces to store belongings that you have accumulated overtime. Students can also benefit from storage spaces by stocking books and belongings while vacating hostels.
- Vacation Goers and Travelers: Moving out on a vacation? Traveling for a month or two? Worried about your belongings and how to keep them safe? Rent a self storage space and keep your belongings safe until you are back.
- Hobbies & Utility Items: Love to pursue your hobbies like lawn mowing, music and band, pottery, etc but don’t have space to store the equipment. Rent a self storage space and keep your belongings safe and well protected.
A self storage unit is the best and ideal way to store belongings till the time they are required again. We understand the constraints and requirements of every client and offer customized units to meet needs perfectly. The possibilities for what you can store in a self storage unit are abundant. Simply know your needs and get in touch with us. We will offer spaces at the most affordable rates.
Storage units are about storing things safely until they are required again. Clothes, furniture, household appliances, business inventory, seasonal equipment like lawn mowers, snow mowers, barbeque, cycles, beach ware; everything and anything can go into self storage Houston.
But on the flip side, what’s out of sight is out of mind. Eventually we end up storing belongings up to the brim. There are chances that we rent out more space to keep additional belongings. And for sure, we need to pay additional charges for the added space. But by following these simple tips you can effectively downsize your storage units Houston. This will not only make you more organized but save you money too. Here are simple ways of doing so:
- Regular Monitoring: Check what you are storing. Evaluate your stuff periodically and discard and donate things that are no longer required. Recycling is the best way to make optimum use of your belongings and self storage Houston. Swap them at regular intervals. This will give you a fair idea of things that should be stored or discarded.
- Pack them Right: The best way to downsize space at moving storage Houston is to pack and store the belongings deftly. Items should be packed flat and vertically. Boxes that are securely packed can be stored one on top of another. This can help save space.
- Place them Right: Right placing not only safeguards the items from damage and breakage but also helps save space. Keep bigger and heavier boxes at the bottom and lighter ones on top. Dismantle and store furniture so that it occupies minimum space.
- Use Coding System: when packing and labeling boxes, use a proper coding system. This will help you track and locate item easily without disturbing other boxes. Thus, reducing the chances of damaging products during search operations.
- Prepare a List: In the end, pen down what all you store or take out of the storage unit. This will give you a clear insight of your belongings.
Self storage units are the best way to store your extra belongings. But keeping yourself organized is equally important to save storage cost. We provide the best storage facilities in Houston and offer services and features that are simply unmatched. Our rates are affordable and flexible. Get in touch for customized deals.
Your living room is cramped for space? Need a few vacant spaces but don’t know the exact way to create them? Rearranging and keeping away your furniture pieces can be an effective way. But you don’t want to lose your valuable furniture pieces too? Here’s help! Storing furniture pieces in a storing unit Houston is the best way to keep your furniture pieces safe. In fact, by following simple furniture storage tips before you place your furniture in a moving storage Houston you can keep them as vibrant as new even after years. And when required again, you can move them back to use.
Effective Furniture Storage Tips:
- Dismantling is the key: The best way to keep away furniture for a fairly long time is to dismantle it. Clearly distinguish between various parts and separate the unbreakable and hard parts from the fragile and soft. Now, given their properties wrap and store each part separately. Seek professional help to dismantle furniture pieces.
- Pick the right packing supply: Packing is important to keep the furniture pieces safe from dust and dirt. Before you get down to packing, it’s important you collect your packing supplies. But beware; although plastic wraps appear to be the perfect packing material it is not the best for packing natural materials like wood and leather. Plastic does not allow air to pass through them. This leads to development of cracks and chips in the wooden pieces. Use paper wrap or cotton covers for natural materials and plastic wrap upholstery.
- Pack deftly: Pack each item separately and carefully. Choose the covers wisely. They should neither be too big to allow dust and dirt to enter nor too small to hinder a smooth flow of air. Tape them and tie them neatly.
- Careful handling: Once packed, each item has to be moved, loaded and unloaded carefully. Make sure that the packing can withstand the jerks and jolts. Besides packing, it’s important to use customized removal gear for effective loading and unloading. Use of ramps, rails, and trolleys ensure that each item is moved safely.
Storage facilities Houston provide the perfect services for storing your valuable furniture pieces. In addition to storing furniture, the facility can be used for storing other things too. Get in touch with us and we will assist you in organizing and storing your furniture pieces in the most effective way.
Homes are invariably full of stuff. We purchase for current needs, stock them up in anticipation and even keep the leftovers for the opportune hour. Well, up till a certain extent everything can be managed and organized. But once the belongings exceed the space limits they tend to clutter the entire house. Surprisingly, this still does not withhold us from buying and possessing more things. Fortunately, renting a storage facility Houston holds answers to all such troubles.
Renting a storage unit Houston will help you clear the clutter. Storing things in a self storage unit Houston not only creates extra space, but also keeps the belongings safe and well protected. Thus, whenever required one can bring them back to use.
Kitchen, living room and closets are the most cluttered places of the home. Here a few effective tips to declutter/restructure your home:
- Watch Your Kitchen: The kitchen typically stocks much more than what it can hold. Utensils, jars, appliances and a whole lot more things. Closely inspect each item of the kitchen. Do away with the things that are no longer required. For season specific appliances like barbeque and outdoor cutlery rent a self storage unit Houston.
- Funk Up Your Living Room: The couches, artifacts, lights, furnishings and furniture… a typical living room accommodates this and much more. And understandably with changing trends and needs we keep acquiring much more. Renting a storage facility Houston provides us ample space to store not-in-trend items and swap them again when they are back in trend.
- Clear the Closet: From ill-fitted garments to seasonal wear, we stock too many things in the closet. Closely assess each item and do away with the ones you are least likely to wear. For seasonal wear, rent a mini storage Houston and keep them safe till you find the appropriate season to wear it. Leather jacket, high heels or that memorable wedding attire; storage unit Houston is the best place to store them.
We understand the nuances of the business. We also pay close attention to client needs and offer services that meet their requirements closely. Well equipped, fully secured, conveniently located and most competitively priced; our storage units Houston provide all.
Everybody has come to the point of simply owning too many things. The living room, the cupboards, garage and outdoor shed, every place is full till the brim. So, where exactly do you store your things? Fortunately, the trend of storing things in self storage facilities in Houston is fact catching trend. These storage units in Houston help you store a lot of different things; from excess furniture to furnishings of homes and cars. These storage units also prove helpful when downsizing to smaller homes. While a self-storage unit at a storing facility in vicinity comes in quite handy. But there are crucial points to understand what a mini storage unit is meant for and how to gain maximum benefits from it.
Convenient Layout for your Self Storage Unit:
- Plan: Categorize your items and mark boxes accordingly. Use a labeling scheme for easy management.
- Treasure Hunt Technique: Prepare a map to put boxes according to categories. Number the locations and stack accordingly.
- Boxes: Moving is expensive. However, do not scrimp and save on good packing materials. Good quality supplies come at a value but they promise outclass protection to goods. Do not under fill or over fill boxes.
- Stacking: Use even sized boxes as they are easier to stack. Put your boxes along the wall leaving a small space in between. Put bulkier items at the bottom.
- Leave Pathways: Place boxes in rows with enough aisle space so that there is sufficient walking space.
- Maximize: Utilize the height of the self storage units and store items one atop another. You can also hang belongings on the walls. Leave uniform pathways so that the rows can be easily negotiated.
- Prioritize: Put the items that you will be accessing often in the front of the unit to get in and out quickly.
- Check Facilities: Check if the units are climate controlled. This will protect goods from temperature variations and related damage.
- Security: Most of the storage units have strict security regulations. Also, cameras, sirens and safety alarms are installed for utmost safety.
At Heights Mini Storage, we provide affordable storage spaces. Apart from offering a variety of sizes, facilities and services, we offer latest innovations at the most reasonable rates. Multilevel facilities, drive-up facility, 24/7 security and convenient location; we offer everything. Call us on 832-582-6454 to know more about our deals and services.
Obsessed with buying new stuff? Cabinets stacked with goods, still hunting for more? Planning to store excess inventory, but invariably fall short of space?
Self-storage units are the perfect solution to your storage worries. Storage facilities in Houston are becoming a reliable and easily accessible way of storing goods.
Like households, businesses too must store their goods and materials safely. Be it warehouses, factories, shops, food, or construction businesses, every business faces dangers due to improper storage. Thus, storage facilities Houston provide the best of storage facilities as per your requirements.
- They assist you with all your needs and demands. They serve all kinds of customers – a residential clients, business operators, vacation goers, students, etc. These storage units are specially developed fulfilling all your prerequisites.
- These are temperature controlled mini storage units to provide protection against extreme heat and chill to all your stuff.
- Storage units are constantly under camera surveillance to ensure top-notch safety to goods. The rooms are equipped with door alarms with 24/7 security personnel.
- They offer storage for household belongings, furniture items, paper work and important documents, etc. with special storage units which can be customized easily.
- Not only do they store, they also offer services to assist moving of goods. Their haul trucks make your move an easy one
- You can reserve a unit well in advance to get the best price quote.
- Offer services for packing belongings deftly. The storage units in Houston are equipped with the huge range of packing supplies to carry out the task with competence.
- Self storage units are available in different sizes to meet distinct needs.
- Friendly and polite staff to interact and understand your needs and requirements and provide customized services.
- Storage units have drive up access for easy loading and unloading of goods.
At Heights Mini Storage, we have specially designed and developed storage units to cater to all your self-storage needs. Ranging from mini storage cabinets to storage rooms for your stuff, we offer everything. A convenient self storage facility at affordable rates is what we strive for. Call us now on 832-582-6454 to know more about the facilities, features and services.
With kids around home owners are bound to feel the paucity of space. Toys, books, artwork, etc there is an endless list of things that these tiny creatures possess. While some things get redundant with time, others have a sentimental value. There may be still others that you’ll like to keep back for a future child. And without doubt a self storage unit is the best place to keep such items till the time they are required again.
Here are a few noted benefits of renting a self storage unit to store your kid’s playroom stuff:
- As a family you can create extra space in your house simply by removing a few toys and books that your kid has outgrown.
- Kids tend to get bored by same toys and stuff. By keeping them aside for a few months and rotating and swapping them every few months can add to the ‘newness’ without having you to buy new things every time.
- Self storage units give you ample space and opportunity to preserve belongings that hold a nostalgic and sentimental value.
- While stacking the things in the attic and garage is always an option, these might not be the ideal place to keep the belongings. Extreme weather conditions may damage the things, so it is prudent to keep them away in a self storage unit and use them at the opportune hour.
How to store toys in a self storage unit?
Once you decide to rent out a self storage facility Houston to store toys and kid’s stuff, here are a few tips to follow:
- Categorize and organize your belongings.
- Use transparent plastic boxes to keep the toys
- Label the boxes clearly.
- Keep the favorite items in the front and ensure that they are easily accessible.
- Opt for climate controlled units for storing electronic items.
- Remove batteries and cells as they may corrode and damage the toy permanently.
At Heights Mini Storage, we understand your requirements to the full. Our customized deals and affordable rates make our storage facilities in Houston the best and the most reliable ones. Call 832-582-6454 to know more about the facilities, features and services.
Self storage units come in extremely handy when one needs to create some extra space to store household belongings. Although price and proximity are primarily considered when renting storage facilities in Houston, there’s more when it comes to choosing the right and the best self storage units.
Additional factors that should be kept in mind are:
- Security: Safety of goods is of paramount importance when it comes to renting a self storage facility. Thus, security and safety features of the self-storage unit should be closely reviewed beforehand. Lighting, door alarms, locking devices, surveillance cameras, 24/7 security personnel and boundary wall fencing; every security feature is advantageous in its own way.
- Hygiene and Cleanliness: Neat, well kept and fully organized units add to the safety and wellness of the belongings stored therein. Therefore, the self-storage unit should pay close attention to maintaining its hygiene and cleanliness.
- Easy and Round the Clock Access: The self-storage unit must allow easy and round the clock access to self-storage units. After all convenience to load and unload belongings at the times most convenient to you is the most sought after feature of any self-storage facility. Moreover, there should be representatives to assist you during out-of-hour operations.
- Climate Control Units: Some commodities are vulnerable to damage when exposed to extremely hot or cold temperatures. It is therefore prudent to store such items in a climate controlled self-storage facility. Also, the property should have the in-built feature to drain storm water away from storage units, cutting the odds of damaging stored commodities.
- Insurance Liability: Self-storage unit should be equipped to provide comprehensive insurance cover for commodities at an additional price. This will provide an additional layer of protection and security to goods stored in the self-storage unit. In case of damage due to unforeseen events, the self-storage unit will compensate for the same.
- Well mannered staff: Besides the equipments, techniques and in-house features, the employees and staff of the self-storage unit also need to be assessed closely. After all, it’s the only interactive feature of the self-storage unit. The staff should be polite, empathetic and considerate. They should also be trained and well conversant with their job.
Well equipped and optimally manned self-Storage Units Houston are important for the safety and protection of goods. Therefore the decision to rent a self-storage unit should be closely assessed and reviewed. At Heights Mini Storage, we provide the best self-storage facilities in Houston that too at affordable rates. Call 832-582-6454 to know more about the facilities and features.