That beautiful vintage leather handbag, the perfect leather cut jacket and those jaw-dropping leather high heels; you’ve spent a fortune amassing these priced possessions.
But in events of house moving or renovation, one may have to keep them away for a fairly long time until they are brought back into use. Here are a few tips to ensure that your leather stuff remains in good shape, throughout:
- Clean It Thoroughly – Ensure that your leather item is thoroughly cleaned and is sans any kind of dust and dirt. After wipe cleaned with a damp cloth make sure there is no moisture content left therein.
- Condition your Stuff– Leather is a natural fiber and requires regular conditioning and polishing to keep it intact. Rub or spray a thin layer of conditioner on the surface and polish it with a soft rag before storing it. This will prevent the leather from drying, shrinking and cracking overtime.
- Stuff it Adequately – Leather belongings tend to lose shape if collapsed and stored. So, stuff them adequately with packing foam, and bubble wrap. However, one should not use old newspaper for this job. The ink on the newspapers lets out slowly, causing permanent damage to the leather belongings.
- Opt for Climate Control Units – As leather expands and contracts in extreme weather conditions, climate control self storage units are a must have when storing leather goods for a long time.
- Check regularly – While it’s ok to leave them unattended for six months, but not beyond that. But if you still need to stock them for long, visit the self storage facility and check your items on a regular basis.
Self storage units provide handy space to store and stock your vintage items. At Heights Mini Storage, we offer the finest storage facilities to store your valuables. Well equipped and right sized to meet your requirements; our facilities offer all. Get in touch with us at 832-582-6454 to know more about our cost effective and customized rental deals.