Self storage units come in extremely handy when one needs to create some extra space to store household belongings. Although price and proximity are primarily considered when renting storage facilities in Houston, there’s more when it comes to choosing the right and the best self storage units.
Additional factors that should be kept in mind are:
- Security: Safety of goods is of paramount importance when it comes to renting a self storage facility. Thus, security and safety features of the self-storage unit should be closely reviewed beforehand. Lighting, door alarms, locking devices, surveillance cameras, 24/7 security personnel and boundary wall fencing; every security feature is advantageous in its own way.
- Hygiene and Cleanliness: Neat, well kept and fully organized units add to the safety and wellness of the belongings stored therein. Therefore, the self-storage unit should pay close attention to maintaining its hygiene and cleanliness.
- Easy and Round the Clock Access: The self-storage unit must allow easy and round the clock access to self-storage units. After all convenience to load and unload belongings at the times most convenient to you is the most sought after feature of any self-storage facility. Moreover, there should be representatives to assist you during out-of-hour operations.
- Climate Control Units: Some commodities are vulnerable to damage when exposed to extremely hot or cold temperatures. It is therefore prudent to store such items in a climate controlled self-storage facility. Also, the property should have the in-built feature to drain storm water away from storage units, cutting the odds of damaging stored commodities.
- Insurance Liability: Self-storage unit should be equipped to provide comprehensive insurance cover for commodities at an additional price. This will provide an additional layer of protection and security to goods stored in the self-storage unit. In case of damage due to unforeseen events, the self-storage unit will compensate for the same.
- Well mannered staff: Besides the equipments, techniques and in-house features, the employees and staff of the self-storage unit also need to be assessed closely. After all, it’s the only interactive feature of the self-storage unit. The staff should be polite, empathetic and considerate. They should also be trained and well conversant with their job.
Well equipped and optimally manned self-Storage Units Houston are important for the safety and protection of goods. Therefore the decision to rent a self-storage unit should be closely assessed and reviewed. At Heights Mini Storage, we provide the best self-storage facilities in Houston that too at affordable rates. Call 832-582-6454 to know more about the facilities and features.