One of the most important aspects of self-storage units is apt packing and organization ideas. Belongings that are deftly packed and meticulously stacked require much lesser space than those scattered and spread, cutting down costs drastically.
Here are a few tips and tricks for packing goods for self-storage units:
- Plan ahead and collect plenty of strong and sturdy cartons, packing paper, plastic and bubble wraps, sealing tape and marker pens.
- Use plastic boxes if you intend to stock your belongings for prolonged periods.
- Cover furniture with suitable covers before wrapping them in protective bubble wrap. Pack cushions and pillows separately and seal them properly.
- Label each box clearly. Mark the correct-side-up and ideally label on all sides for easy identification.
- Use spaces inside dresser drawers and large appliances for storing small and fragile items. Fill empty spaces using towels and packing paper.
- Use same size boxes to store stuff. This will make stacking of cartons one-top-of -another easier and less risky.
- Do not over-pack or under-pack. While over-packing may lead to tearing of the cartons, under-packing will not confer maximum protection during jerks and jolts of transit.
- Keep the box weight in manageable limits. Do not over stack.
- Clean and dry appliances before storing.
- While packing fragile items, wrap each dish and glass separately. Also, cushion the box with crumpled paper to avoid any kind of movement.
Pack shovels, hoes and rakes in trash cans.
Well-equipped and adequately upgraded, self-storage unit helps keep your belongings safe. Conveniently located and providing the best facilities like lighting, fencing and 24/7 on-site security; Heights Mini Storage is the most trusted self-storage unit provider in the region. Located aside Cordell and Louise in Houston, we enjoy the most strategic location. Call us at 832-582-6454 to find out more about unmatched services and facilities.