Everyone needs storage space. From knick-knacks to costly antiques and equipments, a comfortable storage spaces allows us to keep our belongings safe and well-protected until we need them again.
Storage spaces should be conveniently located and well organized. And beyond doubt, a lot of thought and management goes into making them extremely efficient and effective.
Mentioned below are a few ‘ideal’ storage tips and tricks that are sure to help you get the most out of your self- storage space.
- Choosing the Right Storage Space: Opting for the right space which takes care of your storage needs is of paramount importance. The storage space and size is directly dependent on the items which one intends to store. Household items, corporate inventory or bulky equipments, the needs vary with each.
- Proper Spacing: When unloading and arranging stuff, it is important to place and space cartons properly. Leaving an aisle and placing them in an organized manner will ensure easy handling subsequently.
- Proper Labeling: Ensure that each box and carton is properly and clearly labeled about its components. From the tiny bit to the biggest item that you’ve stacked in the box, name of each should be mentioned outside.
- Proper Covering to Prevent Dirt Build-up: Stacked-up stuff often attracts dust. While packing your stuff ensure that they are adequately wrapped with bubble wraps and mattress bags. Vacuum sealing your clothing and bedding before placing it in the unit not just helps keep away dust and dirt but also allows you to make the most out of your storage space.
- Oiling and Polishing: Oiling and polishing metal tools, equipments and vehicles like bicycles and cars before storing them at the self-storage unit is indeed helpful. While oiling helps keep away the rust, polishing repels dust and dirt.
- Keep Humidity at Bay: If you intend storing your stuff for long, opt for a climate-controlled unit. Moisture and humidity from the changing weathers may damage your stuff. Climate-controlled units are equipped to eliminate environmental moisture, keeping your stuff well protected and secure.
Putting these tips and tricks to practice may take longer initially. But following them end-to-end will surely cut down on loads of hassle and cost one may have to incur later. At Heights Mini Storage, we are the finest solution providers for all your storage needs. Conveniently located at the corner of Cordell and Louise, we provide one of the most trusted self-storage facilities in Houston. Call us at 832-582-6454 to find out more about unmatched services.