Keeping your belongings in a self-storage unit is a great way to organize existing space. The mini storage units in Houston also prove helpful when you need that extra space to store your stuff during renovation, relocation or simply to meet your business needs.
But whatever be the reason for needing some extra storage space, the main idea behind renting self-storage unit is to be able to use and utilize the stored stuff at the opportune hour. Imagine finding your stuff damaged and spoiled when you feel the need to use it!
To be honest some items need to be stored with precautions and preventions. This is where climate controlled self-storage units prove helpful. Here is a list of items that should ideally be stored in a self-storage unit that is climate controlled:
- Metal Antiques : Things made from metal lose shape and shine when exposed to extreme weather variations. Thus, to keep metal appliances and artifacts in their original form opt for climate controlled self-storage units.
- Furniture : Expensive furniture pieces are invariably delicate, therefore, difficult to store. Their material, upholstery, etc.; all are susceptible to damage due to temperature fluctuations. Thus, putting them in a climate controlled self-storage unit ensures that these pieces remain worthy for long.
- Mattresses and Bedding : Mattresses and bedding are best stored in conditions that are free from humidity. Climate controlled units thus keep mold, mildew and other infestations at bay. This helps the mattresses and bedding to smell and feel fresh and clean despite long storage.
- Photographs and Paper Documents : Temperature fluctuations are bound to damage paper. Photographs and paper documents lose color and fade, making them worthless. So it is recommended to keep such items in a self-storage unit that is equipped with climate control technology.
- Leather, Suede, Wood : Wooden, leather, suede and other items made from natural fibers damage, crack and break upon exposure to extreme temperature variations. So, to keep such pieces intact for longer periods consider storing them in a climate controlled self-storage unit.
Although climate controlled self-storage units come at a marginally higher price, but they ensure the safety and wellness of the belongings stored therein. Heights Mini Storage is an established name in self storage Houston. Conveniently located and equipped with the best facilities, the units are available at affordable rates. Call us at 832-582-6454 to know more about our facilities and services.
Nearly everyone acquires belongings over the years. From books, antiques, off-season clothes, garden equipment to the vast business commodities and equipment; we generally have more belongings than what we can place and store. And once the living spaces get loaded and flooded with belongings we tend to shift them to the attic to make space for more.
But having said this, some things should never be stored in an attic. Therefore, renting out a reliable and well equipped storage space is the best way to keep them worthy for long.
- Clothing and Dress Materials : Be it summer wear or cozy winter wear, the plant and animal based fibers should not be stored in the attic. Being dull and dreary these spots are ideal breading grounds for moths, insects and pests. Storing these delicate attires in the attic put them at high risk of being damaged by infestation. So, consider them storing them at a self-storage unit.
- Antiques and Furniture Items : Furniture pieces, antiques and décor items made from natural materials are prone to damage when kept in the attic space. Humid and damp conditions damage wood and upholstery which is invariably beyond repair.
- Food and Eatables : Eatables and food items should not be stored in attic and crawl. Pests and rodents which invariable dwell here nibble upon the stored food items and contaminate them. Therefore, food items and eatables should be properly packed and best stored in self-storage units.
- Paperwork : Important documents like birth and marriage certificate, passport, academic records, medical report and family photographs need to be stored safely. Papers are prone to discoloration and damage when exposed to damp air and extreme heat. Therefore, one should not store paperwork and files in attic and crawl. Instead, avail the advantages of a small self storage unit in Houston.
Availing the spaces of a self-storage unit therefore bestows numerous advantages. They don’t just offer convenient and comfortable spaces to keep the utilities but also ensure that they remain safe, secure and intact. Self-storage units in Houston offer customized spaces and are equipped with facilities and technologies that impart maximum safety to belongings. Heights Mini Storage is a trusted and reputed self storage centre in Houston. Conveniently located and fully equipped, we offer the best solutions to meet storage needs. Call at 832-582-6454 to know more about our self storage units Houston.
Why do people need a self-storage unit? Well, different people have different reasons. While business owners use the space to counter the upsizing and downsizing trends, homeowners use it to create some extra living space in their homes. There might still be others who use self-storage units when moving house or during travelling times. But whatever be the reason of availing the services of a self storage unit, there exists a clear cut self storage checklist one needs to match with before finalizing their deal.
- Size: The first and paramount step is to check the size of the unit. It is so because the rentals of the self storage facilities are directly linked with the size availed. Bigger the size, higher will be the rental. So pick up the most appropriate size from the small, medium and large units available.
- Climate Control Unit: Depending upon the stuff that one needs to store inside the need for a climate control unit emerges. In case the belongings can be damaged due to extreme variation in temperatures it is prudent to opt for a self storage unit equipped with a climate control unit.
- Easy Loading and Unloading: Self storage units should be so located that they should be easily reachable. Also, they should be equipped with loading and unloading gear like ramps and trolleys to allow easy loading and unloading.
- Security: The self storage facility should be completely safe and secure. They should be equipped with all the safety measures and systems to render foolproof security.
- Operating Hours: While some self storage units have fixed working hours, others may offer flexible, round the clock access. Choose the facility that best meets your needs and requirements.
- Negotiate costs: For understandable reasons the cost of a self storage unit will be high if availed only for a few days. But in case you wish to avail the services for a relatively long period of time, negotiate the deal with the service provider. Also, you can enjoy discounts in case you pay rentals in advance.
If chosen wisely, a self storage unit can prove to be a real blessing. It can be a boon in terms of cost and space. If you too are looking for ideal self storage facilities in Houston, get in touch with us at 832-582-6454. At Heights Mini Storage Houston, we offer the finest self storage facilities at the most competitive rates. Call us for customized deals!
Self-storage units provide the much needed space to stock ‘not-in-use’ and seasonal items. Home owners, business enterprises, college students and more rent out storage spaces for reasons best known to them.
Self storage units come in a variety of sizes and offer numerous additional facilities to accommodate diverse personal and business requirements.
Here are few reasons for renting out self-storage units:
- Benefits for Home-Owners – Small items usually cause all the clutter in houses. Holiday decoration, seasonal clothing, not-in-use kitchen appliances, lawnmowers, snow blowers, the list is endless. While home owners often store these things in garage, attic and basement, these areas are prone to temperature variations, humidity and pest attack. Thus, renting out a small self-storage unit helps you stock the household items and seasonal knickknacks without the risk of damage and loss.
- Benefits to Students – With the end of each session, college and hostel students visit their home for a break only to return at the start on the new session. Transporting the stuff to and fro every time can be quite a hassle. Renting out a small storage unit to stock books, clothing, mattress and bedding, etc. not only saves you from the hassle of transporting but also reduces the risk of damage and loss.
- Benefits for Apartment Renters – For people who keep shifting from one apartment to another at the end of lease, finding the best bet in terms of space and costs can be quite a challenge. With rising costs, the rental costs rise too. And bigger accommodations come at an increased price. Opting for small storage units thus makes a lot of sense. Moving-in in a smaller accommodation and renting small self-storage units to store knickknacks helps you cut costs drastically.
- Benefits for Business Owners – Stocking the ‘in-demand’ products is the need of the hour. With the change in season, style and fashion, business owners may be left with products that may occupy huge storage space. Shifting these items to small self-storage units until the demand soars again is obviously wise.
- Benefits for Travelers – Travelers often rely on self-storage spaces to stock their utilities till the time they are away.
At Heights Mini Storage Houston, we are Houston’s most trusted providers for self-storage units. We offer safe and convenient spaces for both small and big ticket items. Call us at 832-582-6454 to know more about our storage facilities and services.