Keeping your belongings in a self-storage unit is a great way to organize existing space. The mini storage units in Houston also prove helpful when you need that extra space to store your stuff during renovation, relocation or simply to meet your business needs.
But whatever be the reason for needing some extra storage space, the main idea behind renting self-storage unit is to be able to use and utilize the stored stuff at the opportune hour. Imagine finding your stuff damaged and spoiled when you feel the need to use it!
To be honest some items need to be stored with precautions and preventions. This is where climate controlled self-storage units prove helpful. Here is a list of items that should ideally be stored in a self-storage unit that is climate controlled:
- Metal Antiques : Things made from metal lose shape and shine when exposed to extreme weather variations. Thus, to keep metal appliances and artifacts in their original form opt for climate controlled self-storage units.
- Furniture : Expensive furniture pieces are invariably delicate, therefore, difficult to store. Their material, upholstery, etc.; all are susceptible to damage due to temperature fluctuations. Thus, putting them in a climate controlled self-storage unit ensures that these pieces remain worthy for long.
- Mattresses and Bedding : Mattresses and bedding are best stored in conditions that are free from humidity. Climate controlled units thus keep mold, mildew and other infestations at bay. This helps the mattresses and bedding to smell and feel fresh and clean despite long storage.
- Photographs and Paper Documents : Temperature fluctuations are bound to damage paper. Photographs and paper documents lose color and fade, making them worthless. So it is recommended to keep such items in a self-storage unit that is equipped with climate control technology.
- Leather, Suede, Wood : Wooden, leather, suede and other items made from natural fibers damage, crack and break upon exposure to extreme temperature variations. So, to keep such pieces intact for longer periods consider storing them in a climate controlled self-storage unit.
Although climate controlled self-storage units come at a marginally higher price, but they ensure the safety and wellness of the belongings stored therein. Heights Mini Storage is an established name in self storage Houston. Conveniently located and equipped with the best facilities, the units are available at affordable rates. Call us at 832-582-6454 to know more about our facilities and services.
Dumping things you don’t require or stacking them perfectly for the opportune hour, one can use self storage facilities either ways. In fact, with growing population, rising real estate cost and increasing living costs, nearly everyone (business and home owners) is feeling the space crunch. This is where self-storage units are proving to a boon. Extra space at a minimal cost – it explains it all!
But how exactly can one make the best out of the space hired? Here are a few management tips to effectively and efficiently use the storage space.
- Choose The Best One: In addition to affordable pricing look for convenient location, services offered and security levels of the self storage unit. Missing out on any of the above will hold you back from enjoying the best.
- Pack Well: Unused and stored commodities are bound to attract dust. It is important that each item stored in a self storage unit is packed well. Depending upon the type of item stored, use bubble wrap, paper wrap, vacuum sealing; whatever works best.
- Label Well: Each box and carton should be cleared marked and labeled. The contents and handling instructions for each box should be clearly listed on the outer.
- Organize Well: Proper arrangement and organization is crucial for effective utilization of the space. When unloading and loading space cartons properly, leaving adequate aisle space for walking and handling.
- Check Humidity Levels: When exposed to extreme weather conditions many items are bound to get damaged. Renting climate-controlled units therefore is a prudent choice. Such units are designed to eliminate environmental moisture, thus, keeping belongings in a self-storage unit safe and well protected.
Implementation of these tips and tricks may appear tricky, but once in place they ensure the most effective and efficient use of self storage space. Heights Mini Storage is a trusted and reputed name in self-storage industry in Houston. Convenient location, best facilities and affordable rates, we offer the perfect self-storage facilities Houston. Call us at 832-582-6454 to know more about our facilities and services.
That beautiful vintage leather handbag, the perfect leather cut jacket and those jaw-dropping leather high heels; you’ve spent a fortune amassing these priced possessions.
But in events of house moving or renovation, one may have to keep them away for a fairly long time until they are brought back into use. Here are a few tips to ensure that your leather stuff remains in good shape, throughout:
- Clean It Thoroughly – Ensure that your leather item is thoroughly cleaned and is sans any kind of dust and dirt. After wipe cleaned with a damp cloth make sure there is no moisture content left therein.
- Condition your Stuff– Leather is a natural fiber and requires regular conditioning and polishing to keep it intact. Rub or spray a thin layer of conditioner on the surface and polish it with a soft rag before storing it. This will prevent the leather from drying, shrinking and cracking overtime.
- Stuff it Adequately – Leather belongings tend to lose shape if collapsed and stored. So, stuff them adequately with packing foam, and bubble wrap. However, one should not use old newspaper for this job. The ink on the newspapers lets out slowly, causing permanent damage to the leather belongings.
- Opt for Climate Control Units – As leather expands and contracts in extreme weather conditions, climate control self storage units are a must have when storing leather goods for a long time.
- Check regularly – While it’s ok to leave them unattended for six months, but not beyond that. But if you still need to stock them for long, visit the self storage facility and check your items on a regular basis.
Self storage units provide handy space to store and stock your vintage items. At Heights Mini Storage, we offer the finest storage facilities Houston to store your valuables. Well equipped and right sized to meet your requirements; our facilities offer all. Get in touch with us at 832-582-6454 to know more about our cost effective and customized rental deals.